League of Legends v184.108.40.206
Rengar, the Pridestalker
- Pending the completion of some further testing on PBE, Rengar will be released at a future date
I don’t imagine I have too much to talk about with Rengar I anticipate you all have been frantically reading up on him and cannot wait to play him. He does look like a lot of fun, but I can’t shake my mental thought of he is what Volibear should have been….
- Base Health Regen reduced to 8.25 from 9.85
- Health Regen per level reduced to 0.75 from 0.85
- Base Attack Damage reduced to 56 from 60.1
- Attack Damage per level increased to 3.5 from 3
- Perseverance (Passive)
- Delay increased to 9 seconds from 7 seconds
- No longer deactivates when damaged by lane minions
- Now displays the Health Regen gained in the tooltip
- Decisive Strike
- Cooldown reduced to 8 seconds at all ranks from 12/11/10/9/8
- Movement Speed increased to 35% at all ranks from 15/20/25/30/35%
- Movement Speed duration adjusted to 1.5/2.25/3/3.75/4.5 seconds from 4 at all ranks
- Base damage increased to 30/55/80/105/130 from 30/45/60/75/90
- Silence duration reduced to 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 seconds from 2.5 at all ranks
- Now removes slows on activation
- Can now critically strike again
- Buff duration reduced to 4.5 seconds from 6
- Fixed: Garen’s next basic attack after Decisive Strike no longer occurs unusually quickly
- Fixed: Decisive Strike is no longer consumed if Garen fails to finish attacking
- While performing Decisive Strike, Garen now continues to follow his target if they are moving
- Changed to passively increase Armor and Magic Resist by 20% rather than 0 to 25 based on kills
- Damage reduction adjusted to 30% from 20/24/28/32/36%
- Active now additionally grants 30% Crowd Control Reduction
- Duration adjusted to 2/3/4/5/6 seconds from 3/3/3/3/3
- Cooldown adjusted to 24/23/22/21/20 seconds from 30/27/24/21/18
- Damage adjusted to 20/45/70/95/120 (+0.7/0.8/0.9/1.0/1.1 total Attack Damage) from 50/90/130/170/210 (+1.4 bonus Attack Damage)
- Damage dealt to minions increased to 75% from 50%
- No longer removes slows on activation or reduces the duration of incoming slows while active
- Ignores unit collision during Judgment but takes a 20% Movement Speed penalty when spinning through minions
- Fixed: Judgment no longer locks out Garen from taking other actions longer than intended
- Demacian Justice
- Cooldown adjusted to 160/120/80 seconds from 140/120/100
There is a huge amount of Garen changes but the majority of them are little tweaks on quality of life. Currently Garen isn’t a good pick for proper professional play or most of ranked play in general really. He is really strong in lane and completely dominate his opponent with even such a small advantage, or if brutaliser gets finished pretty early. However in late game his power falls off dramatically. I love the changes on this, it slightly reduces the lane domination but should keep him pretty useful and doing things in the late game – it remains to be seen as I haven’t had a change to play on the League of Legends Public Test Realm but I will certainly be trying him out once the patch hits the EU-W server. Have you played new Garen? Drop us your thoughts below in the comments!
- Remove Scurvy
- Fixed: Remove Scurvy now removes Blinds
Not much to say about this change aside from its obviously a good one, and more of a fix than a real ‘change’. I wish Gangplank would get more playtime – though the fact that his Orange wasn’t removing blind wasn’t the reason why he isn’t played.
- Improved the responsiveness of his basic attacks, primarily in Hammer stance
- Fixed: The first basic attack after swapping to Mercury Cannon is now more responsive
Jayce getting some responsiveness tweaks is a good thing, I really like Jayce as a champion, he feels very strong – I haven’t personally had much chance to play around with him yet however.
Katarina (Gameplay and Art Remake)
- Voracity (Passive)
- Champion kills or assists reduce Death Lotus’s cooldown by 10 seconds and refresh basic abilities
- Bouncing Blades
- 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 second cooldown
- Katarina throws a dagger which deals 50/85/120/155/190 (+0.5 Ability Power) magic damage. The dagger bounces to the 4 closest enemies dealing 10% less damage with each bounce
- Enemies hit are marked for 4 seconds. Katarina’s basic attacks or spells will consume the mark dealing 15/30/45/60/75 (+0.2 Ability Power) magic damage
- Sinister Steel
- 4 second cooldown
- Whirls daggers in a circle dealing 40/80/120/160/200 (+0.5 bonus Attack Damage) (+0.35 Ability Power) magic damage. If she hits an enemy Champion, Katarina gains 12/20/28/36/44% Movement Speed for 1 second
- 14/12/10/8/6 second cooldown
- Moves to a target’s location. Deals 40/70/100/130/160 (+0.5 Ability Power) magic damage if the target is an enemy
- After using Shunpo, Katarina gains 20% damage reduction for 3 seconds
- Death Lotus
- 60/55/50 second cooldown
- Becomes a flurry of blades, throwing daggers at the closest 3 enemy Champions dealing 400/500/600 (+3 bonus Attack Damage) (+1.75 Ability Power) magic damage over 2 seconds
- Daggers apply Grievous Wounds, reducing incoming healing by 50% for 3 seconds
Katarina has been completely reworked – I’ve been playing her a bit since then and I really like how she feels. Previously she was a very balls deep all or nothing champion who snowballed ridiculously hard. Now she feels a lot more stable, but as a lot of people have been saying she feels a bit less… Katarina. She still is really fun to play, and now is the best time to try her if you still have held off. I don’t know how competitive of a pick she remains though.
- Righteous Fury
- Ability Power ratio increased to 0.4 from 0.2
Kayle is already a really good AD champion up in the top lane, and with this buff she is becoming a bit more valid as an AP carry, or even giving her viability as a hybrid style champion.
- Aegis of Zeonia
- Slight increase in the speed of the jump
- Now places Pantheon slightly in front of the target instead of directly on top of the enemy
A slight increase to Pantheon in my mind but such a small change I don’t expect it’ll have any effect whatsoever on his playrate or winrate.
- Dragon’s Descent
- Fixed a bug where Dragon’s Descent would hitch on initial use when using skins
Not much you can really say about this either. Good fix, I’ve had the problem sometimes – but honestly most people prefer non-skinned Shyvanna anyway hah.
- Toxic Shot
- Damage on impact increased to 10/20/30/40/50 (+0.4 Ability Power) from 9/18/27/36/45 (+0.14 Ability Power)
- Poison Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.1 from 0.14
- Fixed: Fixed a bug where the poison was lasting longer than intended
- Fixed: Damage values will now update correctly when Teemo hits a unit with a lower level Toxic Shot poison
Well some very interesting changes for our favourite little yordle Teemo. I’d have to have someone much smarter than me do the maths on his Toxic Shot as to whether this is a buff or not. Clearly a minor buff from the start of the game and will give a tiny bit more damage to AD Teemos, but I think its a nerf in the long run for AP Teemos. Really happy about the poison updating when hit with a higher level of the poison.
- Piercing Arrow
- Fixed: Piercing Arrow no longer sometimes fires from a point above his bow
- Fixed: Piercing Arrow now more reliably hits targets at the end of its range
- Blighted Quiver
- Ability Power ratio on Blight stack detonation increased to 0.02 per stack from 0.01
- Chain of Corruption
- Missile width increased to 100 from 60
- Increased missile visibility
- Spread range from primary target to nearby targets increased to 550 from 450
- Tendril break range increased to 600 from 550
Some very minor stuff for Varus, however they are giving Varus the Taric treatment… by which I mean one of Taric’s strong points is that his stun is very slow moving and it signals to the rest of the team who is about the to be stunned so that everyone else can follow up appropriately.
- Fixed: Satchel Charge’s timeout tone will now play properly
Not even worth really talking about, but I guess its a good thing for Ziggs.
- Rise of the Thorns (Passive)
- Now properly cancels spell casts upon activation
- Rampant Growth
- Destroying a seed no longer breaks spell shields
- Plant selection radius increased slightly
- Grasping Roots
- Modified the vine particle to be easier to see
No real changes of note – I think Zyra is still massively strong, and I’m glad they’ve fixed the passive problem, as that was getting pretty obnoxious. They hotfixed Zyra shortly after release because she was amazingly overpowered.
- Friend List notes
- Pending the completion of some further testing on PBE, Friend List notes will be released at a future date
- Updated tooltips for Cho’Gath
- The main HUD health and mana bars will now display regen per second as opposed to regen per 5 seconds
- The “Reset HUD” button in the “Interface Options” menu will now set the global scale value to the correct amount
- Fixed: Wraiths and Lesser Wraiths no longer state they steal life in the tooltip
The addition of being able to add notes to your friends is coming to come in very handy for people like me who have got a ridiculous amount of people on his friends-list and no idea who is who.
- Nexus turrets
- Amount increased back to 2 from 1
- Health reduced by 900
- Armor reduced by 20
- Base Attack Damage reduced by 30
Back to my real love these days… ARAM… I like what they’ve done, the turrets go down easier, and the game isn’t instantly over when they get to your base – which was happening quite a lot without a chance of a comeback.